Friday, April 22, 2005

The Balance of Power

My friend had suggested on numerous occasions that I should take charge of the situation, and regain control of my life. While I vehemently disagree with the notion that I can still do something about the relationship, or that there still is a relationship to do something about, I'm starting to understand what it might mean to take control of what's going on. It should start with reclaiming ownership of my emotions. If it means cutting off all communications, so be it. I shall refuse to be affected by whatever happens or does not happen between us. You shall no longer have any effect on my emotional state. Because letting you affect me means, in essence, that you still wield power and control over me. I just can't allow that. You do what you want with your life, and I'll do what I want with mine. They may have intersected and intertwined in the past, and while nobody can see beyond the next bend in the road, I shall enjoy my solo drive while it lasts, wherever it takes me.

No comments: