Monday, October 02, 2006

My Hat Trick

What a way to go out at the end of the season.

The cabbies didn't show up yesterday so we went down to Northland and played the Center St. Church people. We went about 8v8 on a shortened field. They had a great young player, Justin, who was unquestionably the best of us all. Then they made the mistake of sticking him in goal and we dominated.

Scored a hat trick, and I was most proud of the second and third goals. The first one I don't remember much of. I think it was a simple tap-in.

The second one, I took a pass from Davis in midfield, ran past 3 or 4 players, and slotted the ball into the far corner at the end of the first half.

Came close to a third early in the second half when I got the ball around 20 yards out in the middle, and had a little space, so I curled it towards goal right away. It beat the keeper but came back off the crossbar.

The third one, when it finally came, I somehow ended up with the ball on the right side about 20 yards from goal, and just shot it as hard as I could while trying to keep it on target. Justin was in goal at the time and he got a hand to it, but it fell into the net behind him anyway. Actually I think if he didn't get a touch, it might've hit the bar a second time.

I think it was generally a good performance, considering my glasses kept slipping everytime I looked down and I had a hard time trying to see the ball at my feet. Still tire too easily, and probably should've scored a couple more, but all in all not a bad outing.

Now, onto indoor practice season...

No comments: