Friday, November 23, 2007

2007 Telvent Christmas Party

Just wanted to write down some notes about the wines offered at the company Christmas party.

Zenato Pinot Grigio

A decent white, not exactly packed with fruit. Still, the most enjoyable of the evening.

Zenato Valpolicella DOC Superiore

Might be just me, but I found it unbearable. From the aroma to the taste to the mouthfeel. Sharp - nay, harsh - to the system, burns the back of the throat. I put the glass down and refused to let it further spoil an otherwise decent entrée.

Yellow Tail Shiraz

My guess is shiraz just isn't the grape for me. Goes down easier then the Valpolicella, but you get what you pay for, and with the Yellow Tail you're not paying for great wine. I also set my glass down.

After the two reds, I had a terrible aftertaste in my mouth that I wanted to wash out with a pint of Guinness. I think that says a lot.

No comments: