Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ho ma? OK la...

Watching Seinfeld in my hotel room right now.

Work's been fine so far... actually getting things done. People are nice and easy to work with.

Had a little problem with my luggage... couldn't find it on the carousel... so I was without clothes for the first day... thank God it arrived on Monday. No way was I gonna wear shorts to work two days in a row.

Weather's been fantastic... it's gonna start warming up over the week... I can't wait.

Oklahoman Quirk #1: "Iced tea" is taken literally here. The first time I ordered "iced tea", I almost spat out my first sip of "tea with ice". I was then told that real iced tea was called "sweet tea" down here. So tonight at dinner @ El Chico, I specifically asked for the sweet kind of "iced tea". So it came, and turns out it was "tea with ice and sugar", sorta like Vitasoy lemon tea. Still ick. Needless to say, I grabbed a bottle of Brisk when I went to Wal-Mart.

Oklahoman Quirk #2: Smirnoff Ice here @ Wal-Mart contains only 3.2% alcohol.

Both Monday and Tuesday are holidays. I'm not sure yet whether I can take both days off like Americans do.

No comments: