Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Time for a little update, methinks. Been around town the last few days, taking a few pictures here and there. Went to a little town named Szentendre yesterday, where I picked up a wooden "magic box" for a special someone. Today we went to the castle and the palace, after which we had sushi at Sushi An, where a Hungarian chef made our sushi right before our eyes. Speaking of food, we had some traditional Hungarian dishes yesterday for lunch and supper. We also tried "langos", which is sort of like 油炸鬼, only it comes in a frisbee shape rather than a stick.

I suppose I should explain who "we" are. "We" would include me and Alex, and some of his friends in school - either classmates or pre-Med students - and some of their friends, four of whom are from England, and one from Chicago. I think I've done alright in terms of communicating with them, since they pretty much all speak Mandarin.

Think it's time for a midnight snack now, Alex is cooking up some 湯圓, and we have to be up by 7am tomorrow for our trip to Györ. Methinks we won't be sleeping tonight.

No comments: