Sunday, May 08, 2005

Oh Little Town of Liechtenstein...

(Okay, so technically Liechtenstein isn't a "town"... but it might as well be!)

For those who were wondering, "Where did Alex go??" - which I know are few since the majority of you guys should be in camp this weekend - I went to St. Moritz on Thursday and Liechtenstein on Friday with my coworkers. Today, I went to IPC for the evening service, but that's another blog entry.

St. Moritz is a small ski-town in the southeastern corner of Switzerland, geographically similar to Interlaken in that it resides between two lakes surrounded by ski-hills. It is, however, much less commercial than Interlaken (although that might be because May isn't exactly skiing season).

Pamela and I hiked from the lake by the train station (Lej da San Murezzan) to the Silvaplanasee by Champfèr and back. That took the better part of the four hours we had there. Needless to say, my legs were sore right after.

Liechtenstein is an incredibly small country squished between Switzerland and Austria. So small, in fact, that diplomacy just isn't worthwhile, to the point where Liechtenstein handed over all external relations to Switzerland. They're famous for their wine and postage stamps, so I bought some of each during my visit: wine for my bosses, stamps for my mom.

No comments: