Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oh the Idiocy!

Second day of summer classes. Beautiful weather outside, and I'm stuck indoors doing German and Pure Mathematics. German I didn't mind so much. In fact, I got all the permissions to audit the course. It was the PMAT course that drove me nuts. Sitting in a classroom with idiots who ask stupid questions and cannot understand the simplest of proofs. I literally banged my head on the table barely an hour into the three hours of suffering.

And to make matters worst, minutes before 8 o'clock, I realized I had forgotten to place my parking ticket on the dashboard. When we finally got our break at 8:25, I hurried over to my car, but sure enough there was the warning slip sitting neatly under the wiper. And to add insult to injury, the ticket was issued at 7:55. Perhaps it was just some cosmic coincidence that I realized my folly precisely when I was being issued the warning.

Acutually, I wanted to talk about something else tonight. It's about the professor of the PMAT class. At the beginning of the lecture, she told the class that she'd just had a baby five weeks ago, and asked for our patience and understanding if she seemed slow on any given day due to fatigue. I couldn't help but think that was a bit sexist. As a matter of fact, very sexist. I can't imagine a male professor being given the same leniency for childbirth. Like I've always said, equality between the sexes is a load of crock.

No comments: