Tuesday, July 26, 2005

April Music Review

Comfortable - John Mayer: Once again, a soft, melancholic melody combined with John's unique accent. Nothing fancy, just the simple story of a lost love. Perfect for turning the lights down late at night, sipping on a glass of wine, and remembering a love that slipped through your fingers.

Collide - Howie Day: Scrubs just keeps churning out great tunes for listening. Besides great episodes, I mean. Another nice, easy listening.

Closer - Joshua Radin: Another song I heard recently in Scrubs. An excellent vocal performance by Joshua, leaping and bounding over the scale with consummate ease.

Forever Love - 王力宏: My friend's girlfriend, Eunice, sent me this song by Leehom, whose music I had not previously sampled. A bit much with the falsetto, I thought, but a catchy tune nevertheless.

空中飛人 - 李克勤: An altogether disappointing album from Hacken, who has set very high standards with 飛花, Let's Celebrate, 愛不釋手, Ever Last, Custom Made, and Smart I.D. 聽傷口説話 is the only recommendable song of the entire CD.

No comments: