Monday, August 01, 2005

I Know What I Did Last Summer

Just got back from the annual church summer conference at Three Hills. A more tiresome weekend this year than any other. The battle with the heat and the battle within wore me out in two days, and I nearly lost last night. I stuck it out though in the end, willing myself through the trials.

Absolutely miserable last night. I don't want to remember the past, but I can't help myself. So what am I supposed to do? I can't run away, I can't look back. But what can I do when everything that used to be so familiar, so natural, so reflexive, is now a needle pricking at my heart? What can I do but hide from them and hope they dull over time?

Still debating whether to go back to Saturday worship. There's nothing for me to do on Sunday. If I want to serve, I may have to look to Saturday regardless. That won't go down well with some people.

No comments: