Friday, June 03, 2005

Auf wiedersehen, au revoir, tschuss, ciao, tschuss!

Well, I can't believe it's at an end. I'm writing this on the TGV from Zurich to Paris. That's right, the Swiss chapter is over, for better or for worse.

I've travelled to many places, I've seen many things. From London to Edinburgh, from Berlin to Vienna, from Prague to Budapest, from Rome and now to Paris. I've been to the British Museum, the Berlin Wall, the Vatican, and the Matterhorn. I've seen statues, sculptures, paintings, mosaics, and architectures far beyond my wildest imaginations. I've taken trains, boats, and planes. I've spoken German, French, Italian, English English, and even Scottish English. I've had bratwursts, cordon-bleus, fondues, raclettes, and goulashes. I lost a camera and and a girlfriend, but more importantly I lost a few pounds and not my sense of humour.

I realize I'm quite behind in jotting down what happened the past few weeks, as far back as my Italian trip. I hope I'll have time to finish it all over the summer, in between going to classes and playing football.

Bis bald, tschuss!

No comments: