Friday, June 17, 2005

Toronto, Part One

So I spent a few days in Toronto prior to taking the Greyhound here, so perhaps I'll summarize first before I fall further behind. Arrived Tuesday afternoon around 3pm (an hour late, an impressive feat given our departure was delayed by two hours), didn't really do much the rest of the day, just dinner with my uncle and aunt.

Wednesday, went for tea with uncle and aunt, strolled around a mall for a bit, then went to dinner (Korean BBQ for freaking $10.99!!!) and dessert with John and Laura. Thursday, went to lunch with them again, but not before checking out his wonderful flat at Yonge and Finch.

Then I took the subway downtown to see the Hockey Hall of Fame, had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup, then rushed all the way over to the University of Toronto's St. George campus in half an hour to see Aby on her convocation day. Vivian was there too. Had to leave early cuz of the coach ride, but I'll see if they'd like to meet up again when I get back from Waterloo.

Which brings us then to the little university town of Waterloo. It's been nice catching up with Ray and especially Shek. Dude couldn't recognize me with my hairdo, er, mane though. Ray probably thought Shek picked up a lady when we walked back to the car.

Anyhoo, lecture's coming to an end here soon so I better get ready to pack up. Going out to hotpot tonight, maybe more multiplayer gaming afterwards.

Feels good to be home. Well, not quite.

No comments: