Thursday, June 23, 2005

First Taste of Life After

I'm not sure exactly what compelled me to take a stroll around Superstore, considering how many uncles and aunties from church do groceries there on a regular basis.

So I looked through the books section, found nothing interesting other than the Douglas Adams collection of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (all five books of which I already have), then went over to the ice-cream aisle and made up my mind to settle for nothing less than two bucks a liter. Yes, that rules out No Name ice-cream. Gonna try Breyers or Foremost or even Lucerne from Safeway.

Anyhoo, the real hammer blow came when I casually walked into the produce section. I stopped dead in my tracks when I glanced over and saw her dad from afar, then turned on my heels and left quick as I could, wondering if he saw me too.

I guess I just wasn't ready for it. Not in a public place like Superstore anyway.

No comments: