Monday, September 26, 2005

What I Lack

Went to a wedding banquet tonight, where they did it right and had a dance floor right in the hall for everyone to dance after dinner.

This may come as a surprise, but I actually paid attention in P.E. classes back in junior high. Well, it's kinda hard not to pay attention in P.E. classes. In any case, the point is, I actually learned some dance steps that I can still vaguely remember. So, no, dancing isn't something I'd be scared of. It's the girl I'd have to dance with that scares me. Or rather, it's the part where you ask the girl for a dance that scares me most.

Anyway, I think there was supposed to be a point to this entry, but it got lost during the time I spent working on my assignment. So I'll just wing it from here on in.

Like I said earlier, as Luis astutely pointed out, songs I listen to reflect my deepest emotions. Judging by what I listen to these days, things have been going downhill for the past week or so. I feel like I've been in a funk of late, a neverending rut I seem to get halfway out of, then slip and tumble back in deeper than before.

I recognize the need for me to be content with myself, with where God has placed me in life, with what I've achieved, with where I'm going next. This is the only way to solve life's problems: Not by jumping from one lifesaver to the next (like some people are doing), but by accepting myself and my circumstances.

No comments: