Monday, December 12, 2005

The Enigma that is Me

The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines enigma as:

Main Entry: enig·ma
Pronunciation: i-'nig-m&, e-
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin aenigma, from Greek ainigmat-, ainigma, from ainissesthai to speak in riddles, from ainos fable
1 : an obscure speech or writing
2 : something hard to understand or explain
3 : an inscrutable or mysterious person

Luis expressed once again tonight his frustration at how I view myself. At times arrogant, occasionally insecure, and often despondent. He insists there's no reason to belittle myself.

I suppose that, since I know there's a perfect gift prepared for me some years down the road, I ought to be happily looking forward to receiving it. Instead I'm trapped in this endless cycle of guessworks and disappointments.

No comments: