Monday, December 05, 2005

Rides

I've always enjoyed giving rides to friends and brothers and sisters.

I don't do it for their gratitudes. I don't do it to show off. I don't do it to earn brownie points.

I do it because it's one way to serve them. And it's something I know I can do.

And I genuinely enjoy it. I enjoy being able to talk with them on the way. Much the same way, perhaps, as a cab driver loves bantering with passengers.

I'm almost always surprised when people come to me asking for a ride with a look on their faces like they were fearing I might say no. I don't know where they get that impression of me from. I rarely ever say no, even if it's a little out of the way for me (and especially if it's a girl...). The only reason I'd say no is if I was short on time. Or maybe if I hated your guts. *Laughs*

In any case, I think I should probably drive a smaller car. Vans don't exactly help you save on gas.

And they aren't exactly chick-mobiles either. *Laughs again*

No comments: