Saturday, December 17, 2005

HMV

Argh, this has been bothering the heck outta me for the past two days.

Went to HMV on Wednesday looking for Christmas CDs. When I walked in, they were playing this really slow, mellow, guitar vocal song by a male artist that I thought was really good. So I tried to commit some of the lyrics to my memory, intent on looking it up later on the net. Well, surprise surprise! By the time I got home the lyrics had slipped my mind.

So now I'm screwed. I went back to HMV hoping that they could give me a hand in figuring out what songs they might've played that time that day, but they weren't much help. Guy said they normally just pull a bunch of CDs off the bestsellers shelves and pop them in, but he couldn't give me much more than that. I scanned through the shelves and found most of them were rock, whereas the song I'd heard was much softer, might even be country or folk. I thought about Keith Urban, but I haven't found anything by him that sounds like what I heard.

So annoyed. Anybody got ideas about how to find a song by the vague descriptions above?

No comments: