Thursday, August 25, 2005

Full Circle

You know, it doesn't matter who I'm interested in. Because in the end, you know I won't have the guts to make a move.

Edwin said a man's destined to pay his dues. I've had my share of crushes, my share of rejections, my share of breakups. No, I won't tell you how many of each; but if I did, you'd see that I rarely act on my feelings.

Yeah, I'm staying positive. I have faith in God's provision. (I think I've said that before.) But I'm afraid that when she does come along, I'll be too timid to even ask her out.

So why is it that I can never bring myself to ask a girl out? A fear of rejection? Perhaps. But I think it's more than that. I think it stems from the thought that there's nothing about me that's attractive to a girl. In other words, I don't see why a girl would like me.

Ahh geez. See? We're back to the same ol' issue again.

But I guess girls don't like guys who never try. So what should I do? Should I try acting on my feelings every once in a while?

No comments: