Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Need new RAM

Been running memory tests on all three machines in the house today (mine, dad's, and a friend's). Errors popping up left right and center on dad's machine and mine. Can't believe he actually put AZENRAM in my machine, which was OC'ed to 198MHz FSB. That piece of junk doesn't even run properly at its normal settings.

And now it appears as though the MSI motherboard in my dad's machine has a defective memory controller or whatever it's called. Stuck a piece of Kingston 256MB that ran perfectly fine on my machine at 166MHz in my dad's, and still generated errors despite running at 133MHz.

So, I guess I'll test the RAM's on my dad's computer in mine to make sure they're not faulty. In any case, though, I think I'll be buying some new RAM for my machine. Looking at OCZ's 1GB DDR400 Premier Series DualDDR Kit right now at MemoryExpress, on sale at $134.95 after mail-in rebate.

No comments: