Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Dumbass Face

Was talking to one of my best friends as I drove him home. Well, actually we were on our way to Market Mall before driving him home, but that's besides the point.

Somehow got to talking about the way I present myself to others. He said that, while I was a nice guy in general (I'm paraphrasing here. Ask him for actual quotes.), I usually appeared cool, unfriendly, and unapproachable to others. I argued that I wasn't born with a naturally smiling, naturally friendly face. As far as I was concerned, my most relaxed expression looked most like a dumbass.

I've never been, am not, and never will be the kind of guy who can get any girl he wants simply by flashing a smile or charming her with flirtatious advances. Actually, I thank God for not making me that kind of guy. God bless the girl who bothers to dig deeper beneath my surface and falls in love with what's underneath. It's a shame that not more girls see me the same way my friend does.

No comments: