Friday, August 26, 2005

Purpose-Driven Life: Day 14

(Ok, ok, I know I'm a little bit behind in my readings...)

Today's topic is "When God Seems Distant".

As you all know, I went through one of the most difficult periods of my life in the past twelve months. While I hadn't lost faith in God, it did feel at times as though He was taking away something very dear to my heart in order to punish me.

I want to thank all my brothers and sisters, who prayed for my faith and my broken heart, even though the eight-hour time difference made you all seem so distant.

I also want to thank my Lord, who never abandoned me in times of pain and suffering. This chapter taught that "faith, not feelings, pleases God." Thank you, Lord, for strengthening my faith.

Speaking of faith over feelings, I think this also applies to relationships. Building a relationship on the basis of faith, rather than feelings, is a sign of maturity. I probably won't always feel my wife's love, and I probably won't always show my love for her, but I pray that we will always have faith in our love for each other. That's how love should be.

No comments: